The Issuance of Admission Notice, Visa Application and Registration in China
1. Admission Notice

1) The Chinese Government scholarship students
The institutions will send the Admission Notice to the CSC after enrolling the candidates. The CSC will send Admission Notice, together with Visa Application for Foreigners Wishing to Study in China (JW201) by July 31st, 2000 to the embassy in China or the Chinese embassy in the dispatching country, relevant dispatching organization or the applicants. It is kindly requested that authority concerned sent these two documents to the candidates in time so that the candidates can register at he required time.

2) Self-supporting Students.
The self-supporting students who are included in the bilateral exchange program or recommended by overseas academic institutions, educational organizations or non-governmental friendly associations will be arranged among the 83 institutions which are open to Chinese government scholarship students. The issuance of the Admission Notice and the Visa Application are the same as the scholarship students.
Individual application for self-supported study will be processed by the 400 institutions which are open to foreign students. They take charge of the enrollment and are responsible for direct sending the Admission Notice and Visa Application for Foreigners Wishing to Study in China (JW202) by July 31st , 2000.

2. Visa Application
According to the regulations of the Ministry of Public Security, foreign students whose stay in China exceeds 6 months shall bear general passport and student visa (X), and those whose stay in China within 6 month inclusive shall bear general passport and F visa. All foreign students shall bring the original copies of Admission Notice, Visa Application for Foreigners Wishing to Study in China (JW201) and Physical Examination Record for Foreigner to apply for the Visa to China and enter China with the above original documents. Those with other passports, visas or without the original forms of above mentioned documents cannot register at the institution, and they cannot apply for residence permit in China.

3. Registration
Students shall register at the time set on the Admission Notice. Those who cannot register at the set time shall direct ask for leave from the institution and must get approved. Those who fail to register at the set time without valid reasons are regarded as giving up the admission. The scholarship will not be retained for the candidates as well.

International air ticket and transfer

1) Those who are entitled to the Chinese government air ticket can apply to the Chinese embassy for the air ticket purchased by the CSC. They shall bear other expenses.

2) In-service university and college teacher who is nominated by a developing country to study in China on the government exchange programs is entitled to round-trip international air ticket purchased by the CSC, if he submits, together with his/her application material, the documents about his/her in-service teacher status signed by the university president and attested by the Chinese embassy. Otherwise they will be regarded as giving up the right for the air ticket.

3) Students should try to book train or air tickets that can direct get them to the cities where their institutions are located and register on their own. Those who have to make a stopover in cities other than Beijing shall take care of themselves on their own expenses. For those who have to make a stopover in Beijing, the CSC entrusts Beijing Language and Culture University to take charge of the transfer during August 28th to September 5th, 2000. Those who arrive in Beijing before or after the above-mentioned period of time will have to take care of themselves. Foreign embassies in China, Chinese embassies in the dispatching country or applicants are kindly asked to inform Beijing Language and Culture University of the date of arrival as well as the number of the flight or train in advance. The address of Beijing Language and Culture University is: No. 15 Xueyuan Lu, Haidian District Beijing, 100083 Tel: 0086-10-82303050 Fax: 0086-10-82303922

The expenses of scholarship students occurred during the stopover will be settled by Beijing Language and Cultural University according to relevant regulations. Self-supporting students shall bear relevant fees charged by the university.

The application for change of institution or major and the extension of study of scholarship students

1). The institution, major, research subject and duration of each scholarship student having been set when enrolled, in principle, they cannot be changed. If there do exist valid reasons to change, the students shall contact relevant institutions on their own (within the 83 institutions), they should get approved from the institution they are studying at and the institution they want to transfer to. The foreign embassy in China shall note the CSC together with the approval letters from relevant institutions. After approval, they can make the change.

2) Scholarship students who finish the planned study and want to extend their study in China shall apply to the institution., If agreed, the institution will give the students approval letters. If they want to change to other institutions, they shall submit the approval letter from the institution they plan to go. The foreign embassy in China shall note the CSC together with the approval letter, and be sure to include the students in the quota of the exchange program before April 30th, 2000.

For enrollment procedures and requirements for both the Chinese government scholarship programs and self-supported study in China, please visit www. csc. edu. cn. You can download the application form for different programs

Suggest to a Friend
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China All Rights Reserved